Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Gonna Be an Aunt!


So, yesterday was my little sister's baby shower. In just a few weeks, I'm going to finally be an aunt! Her best friend was the hostess for the shower and she did a wonderful job. She's lucky to have a friend like that. There were between 20-25 people at the shower and she got a bunch of adorable things. I ran over to Dollar General yesterday morning to get a gift bag for my gifts to her. I had stored them at mom's and hadn't bothered to look at them before I went after the bag. When I got back with what I think is considered the medium sized bag (I didn't want to get the really big one because i feel bad when I give someone a gift if the bag is a lot bigger than the gift itself). Shortly after pulling all of the gifts I had for her out from under the bed, I realized I was going to need another bag. I'd hit a few more clearance racks and garage sales than I had remembered. And the main part of her gift from me was in the form of a sheet of paper that said work in progress with a picture of the baby blanket that I'm cross-stitching. Not that she needs a baby blanket. She's going to have the warmest baby on the planet with all the blankets and fleece sleep sacks and things she got yesterday. For my first attempt at a picture, while at the shower we posed my sister and 2 cousins who are all due within a month of each other so we could see all their bellies. I don't know if there is that much family resemblance between the 3 of them but there sure is a height difference!!! If we all manage to get together for the holidays this year, there will be 4 newborns (one cousin already had one this year). Earplugs might be a good thing to bring!!!

No comments: