Friday, September 12, 2008

"Mommy, do you have a cup that I may use?"

Yep, that was the sentence I heard come out of Blaine's mouth right before bedtime. When I turned and looked at him, mouth agape, he was just standing there with that silly partly toothless grin. I'm beginning to figure out what the "nothing" he is learning in school is. I think obnoxious must be an actual subject for 1st graders. Oh yeah, the good grammar is great and all but sometimes that grin just makes me want to scream! (I was the perfect child. my parents never felt that way about me!!! :-) I was quizzing him on his spelling words and was informed that I didn't need to. He knew them all already. He learned them all in kindergarten *eyeroll*. He's all excited because tomorrow he gets to see his favorite person in the whole wide world...and we'll see if she wants to try explaining childbirth to him since she's the one who had him watching "Dirty Jobs" the night they were showing a vet delivering a calf! Because i told him he'd just have to ask her because she was the one telling him about it in the first place!
And the craziest thing happened today! When picking up Blaine from his after school program today, I ran into one of the other mothers who happened to be a good friend of mine when we were in high school but we really hadn't seen each other in over 10 years. The occasional myspace message. But that's it. Her daughter is the same age as my son but they attend different schools. Its a crazy small world!
Baby shower tomorrow!!!!! wooohoooo!!!!

No comments: